Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is a car battery warranty worth caring about, or is it just paper?
#1
My neighbor and I have been going back and forth about this for two days, so I decided to ask people who actually know. He bought a battery last year and it died after ten months, and he told me the warranty was useless because the shop gave him a hard time and said the weather damaged it. That story stuck in my head because my own battery is about to finish its second year, and I have to decide soon what to put in next. I always thought warranty was a simple thing, you bring the battery back and you get a new one, but maybe it is not that easy. I have seen a few pages online mentioning a Trusted Amaron Car Battery Dubai, and some of them talk about warranty and testing before replacing, which made me curious about what a normal process looks like. So here is what I am trying to understand. Do you need to keep the invoice, or is the sticker on the battery enough? What if you lose the paper, can the shop still find your purchase? Another thing is the heat. If the car stays outside all day in summer and the battery dies early, do they count that as normal wear or as a fault? That sounds like a big gap where a shop can say no whenever they want. I also wonder if different shops follow the same rules or if every place makes up its own. My brother says he never checks warranty at all, he just buys the cheapest battery and changes it again when it dies, and he feels he saves money that way. I do not know. If a cheap one lasts one year and a better one lasts three, then the better one wins easily, but only if the warranty is real and not just words. Has anyone here actually made a warranty claim before? How long did it take, and did they test the battery in front of you? I would also like to know if installing it yourself or at a stranger’s garage can cancel the warranty. Please tell me what you wish you had asked before buying, because I would like to avoid learning it the hard way like my neighbor did.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)