2 hours ago
We finally bought a spill kit for the workshop after months of putting it off, but now I am realizing the hard part is not buying it, it is deciding where it should live. Our facility in Al Quoz is split across three areas, the main workshop floor, the chemical storage room, and the loading bay outside, and logically a spill could happen in any of them. I only bought one kit because our safety guy said that should be enough, but the more I think about it the more I feel like having it locked in the office cabinet defeats the whole purpose. You need to grab it in seconds, not unlock a door and dig around for a key. So I am considering getting a second one at least, but I do not want to overspend either since we are a small operation. Curious how other people handle this, do you keep one central kit and just accept the walk, or do you station them at each risk zone? Also does anyone mount theirs on a wall bracket or just leave it on the floor, because I have heard mixed things about whether floor placement is a good idea with forklifts moving around.

